Came home to this deliciousness tonight and found my wonderful friend and roommate whipping up this tasty, healthy and protein-rich delight! Naturally I took out my trusty iPhone and documented the end result and with Amanda’s permission posted the recipe below. Enjoy!
– 5 oz kale
– 2 cans of chickpeas / garbanzo beans
– 1 cup uncooked quinoa
– 2 chicken breasts
– 4 string cheese sticks
– salt, pepper, garlic and any other seasonings you might like
THE PROCESS ::
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions – 20 mins.
2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Add chicken, salt, pepper and garlic to pan with olive oil over medium heat. Cook until browned.
3. In separate pan, cook the kale: olive oil in pan over medium / low heat with salt, pepper and garlic until desired texture.
4. Cut string cheese into bite size pieces.
5. Throw everything into bowl: kale, chicken, quinoa, cheese, beans.